sábado, 5 de agosto de 2017

Shadowy coral kingdoms

Tropical coral reefs extend to a surprising 150 meters below the surface. The brightly lit reefs in the top 30 meters, dominated by scleractinian or stony corals, make up about 20% of coral reef habitat and can be reached by divers using conventional scuba gear. Divers using rebreathers are just beginning to explore the remaining 80% of living reef habitat, called the mesophotic coral ecosystem.
by Science

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario