Some Key Statistics:
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer amongst American women
- About 1 in 8 (12%) women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime.
- Estimated yearly cost for breast cancer is around $16.5 Billion
- Not including skin cancers, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed form of cancer amongst women in the U.S. About 28% of cancers in women are breast cancer, that is more than 1in 4!
- From 1999 to 2005, breast cancer incidence rates in the U.S. decreased by about 2% per year. The decrease was seen only in women aged 50 and older.
- Breast cancer death rate is down by nearly 33% the death rates have been decreasing since 1990 — especially in women under 50
- Amongst women living in the United States, breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Now on an average decline of roughly 1.7% per year